Whether you are drag racing, towing, sled pulling, hammering on a dyno, or daily driver your rig, we can help you best choose the push rod that suits your needs.
Manton's choice pushrods that are used in Top Fuel NHRA dragsters and funny cars that produce 11,000HP. These are the most durable pushrod on the market to maximize valve train stability for better overall power, torque, and efficiency in any competition engine.
Due to the length of the stock pushrods at almost 10.25 inches, we here at Manton feel the OEM pushrods are not adequate for anything other than a stock vehicle. When the stress on the pushrod surpasses what is considered a reasonable window of operation, the OEM pushrod is not designed to support that additional load.
- Manufactured out of 4130/4135 seamless Chromoly tubing
- Series 5 3/8" x .095 x 10.240 overall length with 3/8 Ball w/oil
- Provides approximately 275,000psi tensile strength with proprietary heat treating process
- Standard billet steel tip ends (3 piece configuration for proper compatibility)
- Tips are CNC machined from 86L20 bar stock, core hardened and triple tempered
- Provides increased impact and wear resistance
- Improves overall performance of your valve train
- .095 wall thickness options for ultimate strength
- Individually straightened, hand crafted, and inspected
If you have made any changes to the engine that requires custom length pushrods, Manton has pushrod length checking tools with proper ball radius’ to replicate the OEM pushrod. Correct pushrod length will allow you to keep stock rocker geometry and therefore ,allowing the friction pad of the rocker arm to correctly ride the contact area of the valve tip. If the pushrod length is not correct, it will cause the pre-load of the hydraulic unit to be incorrect, resulting in premature failure. Pushrods are an extremely important component in the valve train system that are often overlooked at the expense of performance and service life.
WHY A 3 PIECE PUSH ROD?
- Each end must be compatible with its mating component. This requires the use of material that can function as a bearing and as impact resistant as possible. Additionally, this also allows for an unlimited amount of tip designs.
- Modular pushrods allows the flexibility to choose “unique” tapers for clearance issues, while changing the wall thickness, diameter and tapering the tube will change the natural frequency.
- The column of the pushrod must be made out of a different material and heat treated differently than the tips, and provide the strength to withstand the combined abuse of high engine speeds and cylinder pressure. By using a dissimilar material from the pushrod end we are able to utilize any heat treat desired. Most applications use 4130/4135 tubing. In our series 2 & 4 we use a MeloniteTM process for durability and wear resistance for guide plate use. The series 5 pushrods we use a proprietary heat treating process to increase the material value to a Rockwell of around 46 “C”. This is critical to the function of a pushrod column and 4130/4135 is very tough, forgiving and durable. Manton also offers a proprietary heat treated solid bar S-7 tool steel pushrod which is the same material used to produce quality chisels and hammers. It is very impact resistant and is the perfect material for extreme applications.
- In our estimation the only reason to ever produce a one piece pushrod would be because of the reduced cost to manufacture. We are here to produce the highest quality pushrods available and for the reasons listed here we DO NOT manufacture one piece pushrods
Write the First Review!